Attractions Saint George du Vievre Has to offer

 

The church has on its southern wall, a checkerboard of white stone and chert forming here and there, ornaments, figures and inscriptions in the form of a rebus. The latter belongs to the first half of the sixteenth. 

Opposite the church you can admire the panorama of the thirteen towers.

Saint George of Vièvre

The 18th century Château de Launay, WAS Described by the novelist Norman, Jean de La Varende, as one of Normandy 'most magnificent chateaus. It Is Surrounded by typical 16th century outbuildings Whose upper half-timbered facade IS and IS lower hand checkered in stone and flint. 
The eight-sided dovecote IS and the top of the carved beams depict Renaissance grotesque figures. 
The 196-meter "Mont- Roast "is the" department's "vantage point for admiring Highest the Mouth of the River Seine was clear day. 

On the church walls, feet and glasses chiselled Can Be Seen, as Remains of exorcism.

Épreville en Lieuvin

The unusual aspect of this town in IS ITS church spire Which is cylindrical. Its altarpiece as well as STI flint coat of arms built Into the front wall are worth a visit. So Is The 16th century stone Calvary.

Pottery Mathieu

In the churchyard, a yew IS Growing out of a grave. 
The "Carbonnier" cross iz at the site of a dual Between Richard de Livet and the Lord of Epinay Where the Latter died. 

Not Far From There lies the manor house of Mount Chatou

Lieurey

Lieurey means "place of the king": it appears as before, a king came to pass. So named later. 
Lieurey is famous for its market for its Dial and herring fair (held on November 11 of each year on St. Martin). 
Formerly Lieurey had a leper. A chapel was erected on the site of the leper: it is the Chapel of St. Madeleine. 
Two castles exist in the village of Lieurey: Château du Coudray and the Castle Fields. 
From a commercial point of view, Lieurey was very famous for the manufacture of ticks and ribbons.

Noards

The name of this small village Comes from the word "drown" ie walnut tree. 
Its Romanesque church HAS ITS Kept features and Its original sundial. 
The bell by Cavillier 1750, a local bellmaker, Had Jean-Jacques Rousseau's friend, Mrs. d 'Houtetot, as its' godmother'. 

In the hamlet Called Plessis Is The famous cheese factory. 
There Is Also a typical Norman manor house, "the Bosc Giard", in the village.

Saint of Shadows Benoist

For centuries the town has-been a pilgrimage site. The pilgrims come to call on Saint Benoist for Their animals 'homes &' protection. After the Blessing, They take home a twig of a yew. 
Notice the built-in chest Along the south wall. 
On the left of the chancel stands the statue of Saint Laurent at the stake.

  • Saint Christopher on Conde

  • This charming town boast a Tool Museum near a public wash house, Supplied by water from the churchyard. The walls of the church are Covered with drawings depicting whales, ships 18th century and rose-shaped carvings. Formerly, ropes & sails Were Produced at St. Christopher, and seamen Attended Services Where They Were on this very blessed place of pilgrimage. 
  • On the traditional War Memorial, Joan of Arc IS Represented Rather Than a World War I soldier.
  • Saint Etienne The Allier

  • At a walking distance from the town center, stands the manor house decorated with Vièvre Henry IV Louis XIII beams & turrets. 
  • Opposite the church IS a grocery, Which Was The meeting place of the Resistance "Maquis Surcouf" during World War II. The recumbent figure inside the church IS Thought to Be the tomb of the founder.
  • Saint Georges du Mesnil

  • In this town stands the "Castle Lecqueraye" with ITS & dovecote chapel in the park. The 16th century church HAS paving stones from 1719.
  • Saint Jhn of the Lecqueraye

  • The monument, icts with inscription "To The Dead of 1914-1919", IS a landmark rally for Enthusiasts. 
    Prides Itself The town was Louis XIII dovecote, goal, unfortunately, ITS WAS Destroyed church in the 19th century.
  • Saint Martin, Saint Firmin

  • This village was born of the marriage of two distinct common cause: St. Martin was the village on the plateau and Saint Firmin was the village in the valley. 
    This town is home to the Fountain Fiacre was once the laundry. 
    One can also see beautiful chapel of St. Firmin, which is half-timbered seventeenth. It was a place of pilgrimage because of miraculous healings were operating there.
  • As for the church, you can see the amounts of the porch of intent that nails were driven in honor of Saint Fermin. On the plateau, not far from the town hall you can admire the checkerboard composed of white stone and flint on the wall of the manor of Epinay.
  • Saint Pierre des Ifs

  • The churchyard yews are classified. 
    Inside the church, a statue of Saint Michael Can Be Admired. 
    The Uri, nearby, ITS Owes to name a bear Which Attacked Raoul Ivry's brother, Richard of Normandy. The Latter Gave Raoul Vièvre in the forest of gratitude.